Re: [O] [RFC] Rewrite `org-entry-properties' using parser

From: Erik Hetzner
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Rewrite `org-entry-properties' using parser
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 11:41:01 -0700

At Fri, 01 Aug 2014 01:21:47 +0200,
Thorsten Jolitz wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> here is my first take of rewriting `org-entry-properties'.
>
> The existing function predates the new parser and some Org variables,
> and thus does the parsing and the property classification itself. The
> new version leaves parsing to the parser and property classification
> (mostly) to existing Org variables, resulting in much simpler code.
>
> […]

Hi Thorsten,

This doesn’t directly related to this work, but I have been trying to
come up with a workflow for using org-mode for research and have had
trouble with the fact that user properties cannot be multi-valued. So
if a user wants to assign subjects to an entry, they need to figure
some way to assign multiple subjects.

There are workarounds, but it would be helpful if user properties
could be multivalued. I don’t know if this is feasible given the
current codebase; when I looked into it, it seemed pretty difficult.

best, Erik

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.