Re: [O] Highlighting text for HTML <mark> tag export?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Highlighting text for HTML <mark> tag export?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 14:29:22 +0200

'Mash Thomas Herbert wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> 'Mash wrote:
>>> Just been looking around and I have not come across a way to "highlight"
>>> text in org-mode to be HTML exported as the <mark>...</mark> tags?
>>>
>>> Anyone know if this exists?
>>
>> You could use org-macros.
>>
>> Or simply:
>>
>> #+HTML: <mark>
>> #+HTML: </mark>
>
> Thanks Sebastien, unfortunately this is not that useful if you simply
> want to highlight words or a sentence in a paragraph.
>
> Unfortunately using HTML markup in an org file, org-ruby doesn't parse
> these tags.
>
> Might be an interesting feature request to to coinside with _underline_,
> *bold*, etc

You can always update your definition of `org-emphasis-alist', but I'm
not sure Nicolas would say it's the right thing to do.

Note that I've always wanted to add such a new marker (marked up by `!')
that would be some sort of highlighting `alert' (and seen in red, for
example, in my Org buffer).

OTOH, having such could allow to have *...* mapped to bold and !...!
mapped to alert in both LaTeX and Beamer [1].

Best regards,
  Seb

[1] Right now, *...* is mapped to bold in LaTeX and to alert in Beamer.

--
Sebastien Vauban