[O] Agenda, Deadline, DONE

From: hymie!
Subject: [O] Agenda, Deadline, DONE
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 19:47:10 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings.  I'm new to OrgMode, and I'm still working my way through.  It
has a lot of the old functionality and features of the PalmPilot "Bonsai"
program, which I miss terribly, and I hope you take that as a compliment.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or I just don't yet
understand the OrgMode "way".

I have a TODO that looks like this (I had to pull out the details, of course):

** DONE task number 3
   SCHEDULED: <2014-07-30>
   - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2014-07-30 Wed 14:47]
   DEADLINE: <2014-08-08>

In my Agenda, I see this:

Friday      8 August 2014
  file:       Deadline:   DONE task number 3

It seems to me that, if the task is already completed, then I no longer care
about the deadline.  It's done.  So I'd rather not see it in the Agenda.

I guess I could just remove the deadline from the task itself, but I kinda
like having the historical info (that I finished a week and a half early).

Is there a way to remove deadlines for DONE tasks from the Agenda?

hymie!
address@hidden