Re: [O] Agenda, Deadline, DONE

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda, Deadline, DONE
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 16:23:49 -0400

hymie! <address@hidden> writes:

Greetings. I'm new to OrgMode, and I'm still working my way through. It has a lot of the old functionality and features of the PalmPilot "Bonsai" program, which I miss terribly, and I hope you take that as a compliment.

Welcome.

I have a TODO that looks like this (I had to pull out the details, of course): ** DONE task number 3 SCHEDULED: <2014-07-30> - State "DONE" from "TODO" [2014-07-30 Wed 14:47] DEADLINE: <2014-08-08> In my Agenda, I see this: Friday 8 August 2014 file: Deadline: DONE task number 3 It seems to me that, if the task is already completed, then I no longer care about the deadline. It's done. So I'd rather not see it in the Agenda. I guess I could just remove the deadline from the task itself, but I kinda like having the historical info (that I finished a week and a half early).

Is there a way to remove deadlines for DONE tasks from the Agenda?

I also like to keep the historical info, but in order to keep my tasks.org file clean (and save some time while building the agenda) I keep it in a separate file. Probably the simplest way is something like this:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp (setq org-archive-location "~/org/archive.org::") #+END_SRC Now when you do not want to see something anymore, you can press C-c C-x C-a from the org file or the agenda to move the item to the archive.org file. Check the documentation of org-archive-location or (info "(org) Archiving") for more details.

Best,

--
Jorge.