Re: [O] Org-mode extensions used to publish a dissertation

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode extensions used to publish a dissertation
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 11:43:31 +0200

Hi Eric,

Thank you for sharing this.  I have hacks for many of the same things,
but I'm sure I will find inspiration in your implementations as well
when I read them more carefully.

In particular the filters that operate directly on the tree seems
interesting!  I have never really gotten into tree-manipulation.

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

>  1. Ignore Headlines and keep content (discussed here recently)
>  2. Multi-column Table Cells
>  3. Wide tables extend into the margins.

For this I use a makebox and simply wrap any table with a specified
width.

>  4. Wide tables squeezed within the margins

Cool.

>  5. "sc" links for the \sc{} latex command

For this I automatically export ALLCAPS or MiXeD words with small caps
(replacing "X" with \textsc{x}).  I used to use links as well, but
people I worked with found it unintuitive and didn't do it.

>  6. "gls" links for the \gls{} family of Glossary commands
>  7. color links
>  8. TIKZ figure links

Am I right to understand that the main use of this is automatically
translating tikz figures into a format suitable for HTML?  The
function is a bit long and I couldn't entirely grasp the functionality
without reading the function in details.

>  9. Tie certain latex commands to the preceding word.

Cool idea with the refs!

I use something similar where I escape single space after points so
that "e.g. x" becomes "e.g.\ x".

> 10. Fix emphasis in text export

Good idea.

Cheers,
Rasmus

--
I feel emotional landscapes they puzzle me