Re: [O] [RFC] Rewrite `org-entry-properties' using parser

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Rewrite `org-entry-properties' using parser
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 14:04:03 +0200

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the review and the comments. But this looks like an entirely
> different function to me

I think you're confused between `org-element-at-point' and
`org-entry-properties'. As I pointed out, there are properties that
ought to stay specific to the former (e.g. :contents-begin) and some
specific to the latter (e.g. :clocksum).

As I said, sharing code for the common parts is "interesting". But it is
not sufficient.

Another option would be to discuss if `org-entry-properties' is needed
at all. AFAICT by grepping for "org-entry-properties" through the code
base, besides "org-pcomplete.el", no call is really needed. Most
functions really need a single property. It is inefficient to grab them
all just to extract one.

> and IMO it does not make much sense that you explain what you want
> and I type it in (because instead of explaining you could just as well
> type it yourself in the same time)

You may want to read my answer again. There is no "write this, write
that" in it. I'm pointing out what is missing or flawed and _suggesting_
alternative approaches.

> so I rather leave this to you (or whoever wants to do it).

Unfortunately, my plate is full at the moment.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou