Re: [O] exporting quotes

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] exporting quotes
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 20:19:40 +0200

Salome "Södergran\" writes:
> Indeed! I find an older org-version (7.x) in /usr/share/emacs. I have
> now changed the order in the load-path-list to load the local
> installations first.

When you install from ELPA, leave load-path alone (remove any
alterations in respect to Org or any other package installed via ELPA),
but you must make sure that:

1) The original Org installation that comes with Emacs must not be
loaded in any way when you install from ELPA.  This is most easily done
by doing the install from "emacs -Q", although you may then need to set
up package manager in that session.

2) After installation, the first thing in your init script should be
(package-initialize) so that customization of Org variables doesn't
auto-load the old version that came with Emacs.  You shouldn't require
anything from Org, but if you still want to, it must be after
package-initialize.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: