Re: [O] Bug: org-in-src-block-p always returns nil [8.2.7b (8.2.7b-1-ga5

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-in-src-block-p always returns nil [8.2.7b (8.2.7b-1-ga5beff-elpaplus @ /Users/ryan/.emacs.d/.cask/24.3.1/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140714/)]
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 10:21:39 +0200

Hello,

Ryan <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually, my implementation has a bug. org-element-at-point also
> returns the element if point is actually on one of the blank lines
> between that element and the next. So I've rewritten it to handle that
> case by computing the content end position and comparing point to
> that.

Thank you.  Here are a few notes about this implementation.

> (defun org-in-src-block-p (&optional inside)
>  "Whether point is in a code source block.
> When INSIDE is non-nil, don't consider we are within a src block
> when point is at #+BEGIN_SRC or #+END_SRC."
>  (save-match-data
>    (let* ((elem (org-element-at-point))
>           (elem-type (car elem))

  (elem-type (org-element-type elem))

>           (props (cadr elem))
>           (end (plist-get props :end))

You don't need PROPS.

  (end (org-element-property :end elem))

>           (pb (plist-get props :post-blank))
>           (content-end
>            (save-excursion
>              (goto-char end)
>              (forward-line (- pb))
>              (point)))

Using PB is incorrect.

  (contend-end
    (save-excursion
      (goto-char end)
      (skip-chars-backward " \r\t\n")
      (line-beginning-position)))

>           (case-fold-search t))
>      (and
>       ;; Elem is a src block
>       (eq elem-type 'src-block)
>       ;; Make sure point is not on one of the blank lines after the
>       ;; element.
>       (< (point) content-end)
>       ;; If INSIDE is non-nil, then must not be at block delimiter
>       (not
>        (and
>         inside
>         (save-excursion
>           (beginning-of-line)
>           (looking-at ".*#\\+\\(begin\\|end\\)_src"))))))))

Test is simply

  (and (eq elem-type 'src-block)
       (if inside
           (and (> (line-beginning-position) (org-element-property
:post-affiliated elem))
                (< (point) contents-end))
         (<= (line-beginning-position) contents-end)))

Note that this is not yet possible to re-implement `org-in-src-block-p'
with `org-element-at-point' as the former is used for fontification. It
would be sub-optimal to use it that way, since you can call once
`org-element-at-point' and fontify the element under point accordingly
to its type.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou