Re: [O] MobileOrg documentation?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] MobileOrg documentation?
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 18:17:22 -0400

David Masterson <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo) writes:
>
>> Ken Mankoff writes:
>>
>>> On iPhone, you cannot add sub-headings.
>>
>> Another good reason to ditch your iPhone and buy a Nexus =)
>>
>> Even when the Android and iPhone applications are different, the good
>> thing is that the org side (org-mobile.el) is not specific for the
>> iPhone or Android (or any external application that uses the same
>> conventions).
>>
>> Perhaps that is why the manual seems to new users so vague, they
>> expect that it will explain how to go over the phone installation as
>> well. But that is not the job of the org part, but that of the phone
>> application IMO.
>
> But, the Org part should, at least, point to the documentation of the
> phone part.  At the very least, provide a place for the phone part(s) to
> be documented on Worg and point there...

It does. There is an iOS pointer and an Android pointer in

    (info "(org) Appendix B MobileOrg")

For iOS, it says:

,----
| The iOS implementation (https://github.com/MobileOrg/) for the
| iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad series of devices, was started by Richard
| Moreland and is now in the hands Sean Escriva.
`----

And if you follow that link, you'll get to another link

   http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/

which has a "Documentation" button - I didn't push the button but I hope
there is something substantive behind it.

--
Nick