Re: [O] [patch, ox] Unnumbered headlines - early test

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: Re: [O] [patch, ox] Unnumbered headlines - early test
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 11:04:51 +1000

I have a book length MS that I tested the patch on.

* Copyright page   :nonumber:

* Preface                :nonumber:

* Law relating to sale of goods

....... etc

Export looked good and as expected, that is, no numbers on the first two headlines and the third headline numbered 1. as it should be. Table of contents was as expected. LaTeX and ascii exports also looked great.

However, running "tidy -m sog.html" on the resulting file threw up the following warnings:

line 222 column 1 - Warning: <div> anchor "outline-container-sec-" already defined
line 223 column 1 - Warning: <h2> anchor "sec-" already defined
line 224 column 1 - Warning: <div> anchor "text-" already defined
Info: Doctype given is "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
Info: Document content looks like XHTML 1.0 Strict
3 warnings, 0 errors were found!

Line 222, 223 and 224 relate to the Preface heading. The offending items were, of course, copies of the corresponding items in Copyright page. To avoid these, I think you need to give unique id and sec markers to the unnumbered headlines.

It matters because the resulting ePub will not validate unless the html passes the "tidy test".

Cheers,
Alan

Tel:  04 2748 6206              sip:address@hidden