Re: [O] babel: ob-C with Visual C++ and compilation-mode

From: Thierry Banel
Subject: Re: [O] babel: ob-C with Visual C++ and compilation-mode
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 00:03:23 +0200

Le 12/08/2014 16:24, Ernesto Durante a écrit :
> Hi Thierry,
>
> Thanks you but I don't know who is responsible to apply the patch.
I have been in touch with Eric Schulte and Bastien Guerry who are both
maintainers. Probably Eric is the right person, as he is very involved
in all Babel subjects.

I am not aware of any criteria for accepting a contribution.
Contributions are always welcome. Sending them to the mailing list (as
you did) is the best way to discuss them.

> As you are a contributor and author of ob-C, maybe you know how to proceed.
You may want to read this page: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

Your patch seems to change less than 15 lines. If this is confirmed,
then your proposal falls in the "tiny change" category. "Tiny changes"
do not need the "assignment contract with the FSF".

However you may want to sign the assignment with the FSF anyway if you
intend to contribute more. (The Free Software Foundation holds the
copyright for Gnu Emacs, Org-mode being part of Emacs). I signed the
assignment. It took several weeks. It covers any future contribution I
may submit.

Technically, the best way to submit your patch is to generate a file
with the "git format-patch" command, then send it to the mailing list.
Obviously you are familiar with Git. Otherwise, read the explanations in
the aforementioned page. You will need to pay attention to the commit
message you will write, in order to be consistent with all other commit
messages.

> I have identified a minor bug. When a source code block has the mode
> cpp, we cannot expand the code or more precisely the code is not
> expanded in the correct way because the following function is missing
>
> (defun org-babel-expand-body:cpp (body params)
>   "Execute BODY according to PARAMS.This function calls
> `org-babel-expand-body:C++'."
>   (org-babel-expand-body:C++ body params))
Thanks for reporting this ! You may consider submitting a patch for this
bug. The comment "Execute BODY ..." should be changed to "Expand BODY ...".

> Best
> Ernesto
You are very welcome
Thierry