Re: [O] Some thoughts on MobileOrg and its development ....

From: Ashton Kemerling
Subject: Re: [O] Some thoughts on MobileOrg and its development ....
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:23:44 -0600

David Wagle <address@hidden> writes:

> What's involved in 'rebooting' the project? Are the various owners of
> the iPhone and Android packages on this list?
>
> I'm not a coder at all, but I've administratively managed software
> projects before. I'm more than happy to do what I know how to do --
> which is mostly send out emails asking people if they can help do stuff?
>
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Ashton Kemerling
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     I did some digging into that a few months ago. While I'm not an
>     experienced iOS dev, I flailed about for a few weeks trying to add
>     deadline parsing and failed miserably.
>
>     I'm fairly convinced that most of the code is either super platform
>     specific or in need of replacing with easier to maintain & test
>     components.
>

>     --
>     Ashton Kemerling

Honestly, I don't know exactly what would be involved, I'm not
experienced in mobile and I don't have anywhere near the spare bandwidth
to be anything other than a secondary contributor. I do suspect that a
lot of existing code would be thrown away in a combined approach due to
the massive semantic and structural differences between native code and
HTML/JS/CSS.

I can say for certain that we would have to figure out the handoff of
various credentials from the old maintainers (who I am assuming would
not like to continue being maintainers) for the respective app-stores
and Dropbox tokens.

--
Ashton Kemerling