Re: [O] Some thoughts on MobileOrg and its development ....

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] Some thoughts on MobileOrg and its development ....
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 09:36:32 -0400

Eric Abrahamsen writes:
Henning Weiss <address@hidden> writes:
I have been working over the last couple of months on a private prototype. I'm currently using it in my daily life and it works for me. It uses Git (and only Git) for synchronization and doesn't use org-mobile at all. The idea is that you keep all org files under git version control. Synchronization of all "clients" (apps or Emacs) is done against that repository. It is also possible to configure whether to use "ours" or "theirs" merge strategy when conflicts occur. I have focused on designing an app I can trust. It already has an outline view like MobileOrg, an agenda view, you can add and edit nodes, synchronize changes with a remote repository and synchronize scheduled entries to the calendar. I ported some of my code from MobileOrg, but a lot of it is written from scratch.

Sounds great... can't wait!

Maybe you could publish a very basic how-to here, and then we could annoy you privately with problems?

That's a good idea, 1+

--
Jorge.