[O] Markdown exporter deletes a line before a list

From: Rafael
Subject: [O] Markdown exporter deletes a line before a list
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 22:56:26 -0500

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug. Consider this org file:

#+BEGIN_SRC org
  ,* A test
    - one
    - two

  ,* Another test

    Consider this list:

    - three
    - four
#+END_SRC

Using the markdown exporter, this exports to (after the toc):

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
  # A test<a id="sec-1"></a>

  -   one
  -   two

  # Another test<a id="sec-2"></a>

  Consider this list:
  -   three
  -   four
#+END_EXAMPLE

That is, if the list follows a heading, a blank line is added, which is
OK. But if there is text between the heading and the list, the blank
line is deleted, which is definitely not OK to me.

If this is a feature, I would appreciate some guidance to have the
markdown exporter to preserve a blank line before lists.

I tried the test with org just pulled from git, and emacs -Q -l, as
described in the manual.

Thanks for any advice,
Rafael