Re: [O] Custom environment for LaTeX export

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Custom environment for LaTeX export
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 11:46:09 +0200

Hi Seb,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 05:03:58PM +0200, Sebastien Vauban wrote:

> > However, I would like to suggest something a bit different.  Why not
> > instead of #+BEGIN_consequence, you use a macro.  Something like this:
> >
> >   #+MACRO: cbeg @@latex:\begin{consequence}@@
> >   #+MACRO: cend @@latex:\end{consequence}@@
> >
> > Then you can do:
> >
> >   {{{cbeg}}}
> >   stuff
> >   {{{cend}}}
> >
> > and only LaTeX export will have the environment.
>
> That could be a good idea, but I'm pretty sure (99.999%) that LaTeX
> export snippets are read in Beamer -- though the opposite is false, it's
> useless for the problem at hand.

If I understood you correctly, you think LaTeX snippets will still be
exported when exporting to beamer, but not the other way around?  If so,
I don't think that is correct.  I'll do a quick test just to be
sure :-p.

Okay you are right!  The above example when exported to either LaTeX or
beamer looks like this:

  \begin{consequence}
  stuff
  \end{consequence}

This is a bit odd to me; is this a consequence of the fact that
ox-beamer derives from ox-latex?  Is it a feature or a bug?

Anyway, given the above your suggestion seems to be the correct solution
for now.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu