[O] converting plain list entry to checkbox entry by C-c C-c?

From: Oliver Kappel
Subject: [O] converting plain list entry to checkbox entry by C-c C-c?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 12:40:34 +0200

Hello org-anized people,

I couldn't find any shortcut to convert an entry in a plain list to a
checkbox entry. Is there any function for this?

I know M-S-RET is creating a new checkbox entry, but sometimes I take
my meeting notes in a plain list and a few minutes later some notes
turn out to be my part to do or need attention afterwards -> checkbox
needed. Nowadays I convert them manually, but this disrupts my
meeting or brainstorm flow.

As C-c C-c toggles a given checkbox entry and does nothing (as I can
see) on a plain list entry I would suggest: C-c C-c on a plain list
entry makes it to a non checked checkbox entry.

I'm still not on the elisp coding level to implement this behavior on
my own - sorry.

  Kind regards,

  Oliver