[O] Bug in the Org-mode version that comes with Emacs

From: address@hidden
Subject: [O] Bug in the Org-mode version that comes with Emacs
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 11:40:19 -0300

Hi,

I track the emacs repo (http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs.git) and from time to time I update my local version and starting using the new version.

A few days ago I notice that my org files started opening with all trees fully expanded instead of collapsed and, worse, fill-paragraph didn't function correctly. On using fill paragraph a child list item or even headlines would be joined with the parent item thus breaking the org-mode file structure. If I call the org-fill-paragraph directly it works as intended, but previously I could just call fill-paragraph and it would work correctly.

I'm still learning how to use git, but in my first time trying "git bisect" I have found that the most recent commit that works correctly is 320eb6b0f4315929d70d7a1e9f05f8d3cc0f4009,
while the bug seem to be introduced in 0ce71d38bf295205067fd334e1993906f7fb0ba7.

This bug was probably introduced not in org-mode, but by some change in Emacs. Nevertheless, if I use the most up to date version of Emacs I only see the problems I described in org-mode files. If anyone else seeing these problems?

Notice that I tested if the bug exists in a given version starting emacs with the "-Q" option.

Kind regards,
Darlan