Re: [O] Clocking in on non-org files

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Clocking in on non-org files
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 17:02:05 +0200

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> Dnia 2014-08-16, o godz. 16:01:39
> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

>> > I finally had some time & motivation to look into it.  Below is my
>> > solution.
>>
>> This almost works with outshine.el (use head of tj-outshine branch).
>
> Do I get it correctly (I don't know outshine) that it means that you
> have the actual Org entry /in the same file/, in the comments?  If
> yes, this is not really what I'm after.

The outshine idea is rather that your programming-mode file IS (kind of)
your Org file (i.e. programming-mode/org-mode are just two different
views on the same file, and with outorg you can easily switch between
them).  You structure it like an Org file, only with outcommented
headers. And then (-> outline-minor-mode/outshine activated) you can do
a lot of things you are used to do in an Org buffer => "Org-mode outside
org-mode" (the major-mode).

--
cheers,
Thorsten