Re: [O] cannot execute org-mode code from the front page tutorial.

From: Charles Berry
Subject: Re: [O] cannot execute org-mode code from the front page tutorial.
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 16:49:04 +0000 (UTC)

Nick Dokos <ndokos <at> gmail.com> writes:

> tsd <at> tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
> > Aloha Jenia,
> >
> > jenia.ivlev <at> gmail.com (jenia.ivlev) writes:
> >
> >> Hello.
> >>
> >> I'm trying to go through the org-mode tutorial on its official page.

[discussion showing that (if (listp value)...) generates a data.frame
deleted]

[delete patch turning a data.frame into a vector]

> And assuming this is correct, the worg page will need to be corrected
> too.

No patch is needed.

The point of the code in  org-babel-R-assign-elisp is to create a data.frame
when `value' is a list.

The patch adding `unlist(res)' turns it into an ordinary vector.

This will break almost all uses of :var in R scr blocks.

I don't think this example could have worked for a long while - turning
elisp lists into R data.frames has been a feature for a good while.
Also, note the use of `sbe' vs `org-sbe' in the formula.

#+TBLFM: @2$1='(sbe "R-mean" (x "tbl-example-data()"))

Use `colMeans(x)' to fix the worg page.

HTH,

Chuck