Re: [O] where Babel looks for binaries?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] where Babel looks for binaries?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 08:41:57 +0200

Steven Arntson writes:
> I reverted the change to ob-lilypond.el and did as you suggested, adding
>
> (setq ly-nix-ly-path "/usr/local/lilypond")

I don't think that path points to an actual lilypond executable, but is
rather an installation directory.  Since it would seem you have lilypond
in PATH on your system, you might rather try just "lilypond" (or check
which lilypond you're actually using by doing a "which lilypond" on the
command line).

> It's now looking in the right place, but still won't tangle the file
> when I run ly-tangle. The message in the minibuffer is:
>
> ly-compile-lilyfile: Searching for program: resource temporarily
> unavailable, /usr/local/lilypond

That message comes from callproc.c / fileio.c in Emacs although in the
current version of Emacs the order of output would be different.

Regards,
Achim.