Re: [O] where Babel looks for binaries?

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: Re: [O] where Babel looks for binaries?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 14:20:28 -0700

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Steven Arntson writes:
>> I've stumbled straight into another issue. ly-tangle now works, but when
>> I try to invoke lilypond-mode in my org document by typing C-c ' in a
>> code block, I now get:
>>
>> Language mode `lilypond-mode' fails with: "Cannot open load file"
>
> This tells you that you haven't lilypond-mode installed or your Emacs
> can't find it.  Lilypond is not a standard mode that gets delivered with
> Emacs, you have to install it seperately.  Since you said it worked
> earlier for you, do
>
> M-x locate-library lilypond-mode
>
> in the _old_ Emacs installation to find out where it is installed, then
> copy it over to where the new Emacs is looking for it.
>
>> I did "which lilypond" in the terminal and retrieved the path
>> "/usr/local/bin/lilypond" and replaced that in my init.el, viz:
>>
>> (setq ly-nix-ly-path "/usr/local/bin/lilypond")
>>
>> After this, "ly-tangle" still works perfectly, and C-c ' still doesn't.
>
> This doesn't have anything to do with the issue you're having.
>
>> On a hunch, I went to look at "org-babel-load-languages," but the
>> customize interface here doesn't seem to offer the ability to change
>> where the system looks for the language.
>
> You don't need to look there, either.
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

I couldn't remember how I got lilypond-mode working when I first
installed it, but I found the web page I'd used before:

http://www.geoffhorton.com/lilymacs.html

I think what I'd done was pointed emacs at the lilypond-mode files in
/usr/bin/lilypond (or somewherelike) instead of copying those files to
~/.emacs.d. So when I removed the original installation, the library
disappeared, too.

I've got it all working again now, and copied the files into my home
directory's .emacs.d, so hopefully my next upgrade will be easier.

Thank you!
steven