Re: [O] clock-in clock-out problems

From: hymie!
Subject: Re: [O] clock-in clock-out problems
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 18:21:01 +0000 (UTC)

  Nick Dokos <address@hidden>, who said:
>address@hidden (hymie!) writes:
>
>> IMPORTANT NEW DISCOVERY
>>
>> When I use emacs as an X program, the clock persistence works successfully
>> and I do not get any errors.
>>
>> Only when I use emacs with the -nw flag do I get the clock persistence
>> error below.
>>

>Are you sure the two instances run the same version of emacs? And what
>version is that?

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.13)
 of 2014-06-17 on herman
Package: Org-mode version 8.2.7c (8.2.7c-dist @ /home/hymie/org-mode/lisp/)

Same version with and without -nw.

I can't run the newer version of GTK at this time.

>FWIW, I cannot reproduce the problem either with -nw or without. In
>fact, I'm baffled as to what could explain this: as a I pointed out
>before, (match-string 1) says one thing and (match-end 1) says another
>and AFAICT that's impossible. The only explanation I can come up with
>is a bug in emacs's regexp matching code - a very unlikely scenario IMO.

Bummer.

>My version info:
>GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9) of
>2014-08-18

I'm not a developer by trade, so I'm not sure if I can git the dev
versions of emacs.  But maybe that will help.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    address@hidden