Re: [O] How to get cookies working with TODOs?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] How to get cookies working with TODOs?
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:51:25 +0100

On Wednesday, 20 Aug 2014 at 11:46, Sharon Kimble wrote:

[...]

> Hmm, if they work for you then its something in my set-up. And after
> having a play, the cookie is only changed when it is toggled [C-c C-t] to
> "Waiting" which then shows
>
> ** WAITING Anise
> CLOSED: [2014-08-20 Wed 10:29]
>

> And only _waiting_ shows as closed, none of these other conditions do -
>
> #+TODO: TODO NEXT IN-PROGRESS NOTES FIXME | WAITING DONE
>
> The conditions are set specifically for this one file, and I've just
> reverted to a previous 'setq org-todo-keyword-faces' and that now shows
> those sections marked as 'DONE' as being closed.
>
> If I 'C-c C-c' a TODO item, whether showing as "TODO/DONE/whatever" it
> triggers the setting of 'org-tags'! So something is screwy there, but I
> don't know what! But it does not trigger the insertion of "CLOSED:<the-date>"

It probably has to do with the fact that you haven't put a "|" anywhere
so only the WAITING type is one that indicates a completed task?  Look
at the Workflow states section of the manual.

Something like this might work better for you:

   #+TODO: TODO NEXT IN-PROGRESS NOTES FIXME | WAITING DONE

Note the move of DONE to the end and the addition of |.  The important
thing about the move of DONE is not that it be last but that it be
placed after the |.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-246-g77d0da