Re: [O] Columns with marking characters are exported to latex (Org 8)

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Columns with marking characters are exported to latex (Org 8)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:16:24 -0400

Thorsten Grothe <address@hidden> writes:

> * Nick Dokos, 20.08.2014 18:34:15:
>
>> That leaves the somewhat counterintuitive case of a completely empty
>> first column which is therefore deemed special and gets stripped. This
>> could be "fixed" as a special case but instead I propose to document that
>> behaviour in the above section, with a suggested workaround: if you
>> really, really want an empty first column, then add a second one.
>
> this is a programming problem, which exceeds by far my horizons, so I
> can not say much about this, it was just important for me to point out
> the problem, sorry, I think here I can not help ..... but of course I
> can live with your solution no matter what it looks like...

As Nicolas pointed out, I can't get away with just documenting the
behaviour, so I plan to:

o revert the previous patch - that will make your latest example work,
  but it will break your previous example (but you can work around it
  for now by adding an extra empty column 1). I'll do the revert
  tonight.

o then (probably this weekend) work on special-casing the empty column
  case in org-table-clean-before-export, which will get rid of the
  necessity of using the workaround above.

--
Nick