Re: [O] org agenda clock check shows strange clocking gaps at beginning

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [O] org agenda clock check shows strange clocking gaps at beginning of day
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 23:12:37 +0200

Hi Basteien,
* Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> [02. Aug. 2014]:
> * Bastien <address@hidden> [27. Jul. 2014]:
>> Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> All three clocking items belong to the same heading.  I'm fine
>>> with the first clocking gabp.  But why is there a gap of 7536
>>> minutes shown although ‘org-agenda-clock-consistency-checks’ is
>>> at default values (gap-around 4:00)?
>>
>> I've never seen this error -- can you reproduce it consistently?
>
> Yes.  With my org agenda files there are at least two such
> errors.  One vanishes with emacs -Q, but not the other.
>
> But both depend on highly private and fairly large org files.
> I'll try to reproduce with sharable data but do not have the time
> to investigate ATM.  I'll report back when I have something to
> share.

I scrambled the relevant org file with Nicolas function (see
big though.  It's attached.

When opened via emacs-snapshot -nw -Q scrambled.org

there are several days which beginn with large clocking gap:

- 2012-01-18: 1684 minutes
- 2012-06-06: 2942 minutes
- 2012-06-13: 1510 minutes
- 2012-06-21:  368 minutes
- 2012-07-06: 1464 minutes
- 2012-07-07: 1531 minutes
- 2012-07-20:  690 minutes
- 2012-07-31: 1584 minutes
- 2012-08-01:  553 minutes
- 2012-11-27: 1643 minutes
- 2012-12-21: 1470 minutes
- 2012-12-22:  619 minutes
- 2012-12-25: 4527 minutes
- 2013-01-10: 1864 minutes
- 2013-02-23: 3065 minutes
- 2013-02-27: 1515 minutes
- 2013-03-22: 1496 minutes
- 2013-05-02: 2892 minutes
- 2013-05-03: 1592 minutes
- 2013-05-13: 8689 minutes
- 2013-05-17: 1574 minutes
- 2013-06-21: 1536 minutes
- 2013-09-11: 1816 minutes
- 2013-09-15: 3142 minutes
- 2013-09-29: 3043 minutes
- 2013-10-08:  378 minutes
- 2013-10-14: 2961 minutes
- 2013-11-19: 1673 minutes
- 2013-11-21: 1498 minutes
- 2014-01-10: 4711 minutes
- 2014-01-17:  679 minutes
- 2014-02-04:  387 minutes
- 2014-04-25: 1629 minutes
- 2014-05-03: 4599 minutes
- 2014-06-06: 7536 minutes
- 2014-07-09:  454 minutes

This list was hand-compiled so there may be errors.  I have no
clue what causes this.  Perhaps you are able to find the cause of
this.

Ciao, Gregor
--