Re: [O] org-element-at-point fails in programming-modes

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] org-element-at-point fails in programming-modes
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 22:49:08 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Rasmus,
>
>> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> As a side-remark, I did send these blocks with emptly lines between them,
>>> and when I look at my post in gmane the format looks alright, however
>>> when I open it in gnus the empty lines are gone and it looks like this:
>>
>> Do you by any chance have `gnus-article-strip-all-blank-lines' (W E A
>> from summary) in your `gnus-article-mode-hook' or, more dangerously,
>> in your `nnmail-prepare-incoming-hook'?
>
> No:
>
> ,----[ C-h v gnus-article-mode-hook RET ]
> | gnus-article-mode-hook is a variable defined in `gnus-art.el'.
> | Its value is nil
> `----
>
> ,----[ C-h v nnmail-prepare-incoming-hook RET ]
> | nnmail-prepare-incoming-hook is a variable defined in `nnmail.el'.
> | Its value is nil
> `----
>
> and not all blank lines are stripped, only those between consecutive
> src-blocks.

I tried all washing methods, and the one I mentioned was the only way
I could get it to remove lines between SRC blocks. . .

>> I have had terrible things happen when I applied "washing"
>> automatically.
>
> Gnus is a complex beast and I want to just *use* (not debug/fix/hack...)
> it, so I don't do any fancy things, I just press 'g' quite often.

"Hacking" gnus is much fun!  My init file suggest that I have around
1000 lines in my email section.

> It worked flawlessly for a long time, but now I have some minor issues
> (HTML washing does not work anymore, empty lines between src-blocks are
> eaten), and since yesterday even a major issue: access to my gmail
> accounts via gnus denied -> cannot open server (while it works via the
> web UI) ;-(

I use offlineimap for this, and have not experienced any problems.  I
use a custom password for offlineimap (via OAUTH or something like
that).

On HTML-washing: maybe it switch from whatever to shr (eww-backend)
for rendering?

—Rasmus

--
To err is human. To screw up 10⁶ times per second, you need a computer