[O] org-project or something like it?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] org-project or something like it?
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 16:40:14 -0400

Hi all,

I have been mulling an idea in my mind on using a set of org-files as a
research notebook. We basically already do this, but what I was thinking
is how to define this set as a "project" or "notebook" that would have
its own (temporarily defined) set of org-agenda-files, with some
functionality like jumping to the most recent timestamp, or generating
an overall timeline, table of contents, etc... You would use a minor-mode to
temporarily
set the org-agenda-files, for example.

does anything like this already exist? I am not to familiar with other
project-based tools, e.g. projectile. It seems to have some good
capabilities for project navigation, but not the org-capabilities I am
thinking of.

Is anyone already doing anything that sounds like this? Thanks,

--
John Kitchin