Re: [O] prioritizing and categorizing items in checklist

From: Subhan Michael Tindall
Subject: Re: [O] prioritizing and categorizing items in checklist
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 16:31:44 +0000

I may be wrong here, but I believe you are conflating plain lists and headlines
Plain lists may include checkboxes and start with '-'
- [  ] list item one
- [  ] list item two
  - [X] list item two.one
Etc.

Headlines may get priorities and start with '*{1,}'
* TODO [#A] headline one
* TODO [#B] headline two
** WORK [#A] headline two.one
Etc.

I don't think you can include priorities in list items nor checkboxes in list
items.
Lists are supposed to be a 'lightweight' version of TODO headlines.

They can, however, be mixed like this, where each headline has it's own
separate list underneath it.

* TODO [#A] headline one
- [ ] list item one
- [ ] list item two
  - [ ] list item two.one
* WORK [#B] headline two
- [X] list item one
- [/] list item two
  - [X] list item two.one
  - [ ] list item two.two
** TODO [#A] headline two.one
- [ ] list item one
- [ ] list item two
Etc.

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby
notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the
message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and
delete the message.  Thank you.