[O] org-ref "no key found"

From: Julian M. Burgos
Subject: [O] org-ref "no key found"
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 15:54:36 +0100

Hello everyone,

I am playing around with Joh Kitchin's excellent org-ref, and I am
having a few issues.  In my .emacs file I have set up the values for the
org-ref-bibliography-notes, org-ref-default-bibliography, and
org-ref-pdf-directory.

With this I can access my .bib database and use org-ref-insert-cite link
to add a citation link with no problems.  But when I press enter on the
cite link, I get the following message:

no key found
 (No key found) (p)df (u)rl (n)otes (q) quit

If I press "p" I get the pdf file, but if I press "n" I get the
following message:

"Wrong type argument: stringp, nil".

Any ideas how to solve this?

Many thanks,

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos, PhD
Hafrannsóknastofnun/Marine Research Institute