Re: [O] [RFC] Block switches as #+HEADER: args?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Block switches as #+HEADER: args?
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:01:29 +0200

> Hello,
>
> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> and at least in the 2nd case the switches are lost, because they don't
>> work as header args:
>
> [...]
>
>> #+HEADER: -n
>> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
>> Hallo World
>> whats up?
>> #+END_EXAMPLE
>
> This is not valid syntax. Switches are to be put on the block line.
> Only header arguments can be put on a #+HEADER line. See
>
>  (info "(Org) Structure of code blocks")
>
> in particular the difference between switches and header arguments.

Thats what I thought, but wouldn't it be nicer to treat switches and
header args more uniformly here? E.g allow something like:

#+HEADER: :switches -n
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
Hallo World
whats up?
#+END_EXAMPLE

Otherwise custom solutions are needed to store the switches in some
place when nuking the surrounding #+begin/#+end lines in a conversion
process, and restore them again when converting back to Org. Or the
switches-info is simply lost during conversion.

--
cheers,
Thorsten