Re: [O] Table formula with @I

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Table formula with @I
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:34:48 +0200

Charles Millar <address@hidden> writes:

> Andrea Rossetti wrote:
>> "Loris Bennett" <address@hidden> writes:
>>> In the following:
>>>
>>> |   |   |   |
>>> |---+---+---|
>>> | 1 | 1 | 1 |
>>> #+TBLFM: @I$3=1
>>>
>>> I expected to get a '1' just in the third column.  Where am I going
>>> wrong?
>> (apologies in advance for suggesting just a workaround
>> instead of a rational explanation, hope it helps anyway)
>>
>> It happened to me too some time ago, I used a slightly
>> different formula and it worked:
>>
>> #+TBLFM: @address@hidden
>>
>> Does it work for you too? Kindest regards,
>>
>>    Andrea
>>
> I must be missing something. When I recalculate the table (update
> table) applying both above TBLFM's - on the line to be updated, in the
> TBLFM line, and in the table itself, an error is returned
>
> "can't assign to hline relative reference"
>
> Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-304-ga4a1d8 @
> c:/cygwin/home/Charlie01/.elisp/org-mode/lisp/)
> GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6002) of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
> Windows Vista SP2
>
> Charlie

Andrea's kludge works for me.  My understanding is that only a C-c C-c
in the TBLFM would actually update the table.

Looking at the documentation at

http://orgmode.org/manual/References.html#References

again, I would have expected

@I+1$3

to be a correct way of referring to the 3rd column in the row after the
first hline, rather than the entire row.   It is unclear
to me what

@I$3

as I used in my example above should correspond to.

Cheers,

Loris