Re: [O] Babel more verbose?

From: David Wagle
Subject: Re: [O] Babel more verbose?
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 10:01:33 -0500

It sounds like perhaps the issue is code blocks with a long run-time that may or may not fail or hang in some way?

If that's the case, the solution is probably simply breaking up your code blocks into smaller bits of code so that you more easily follow what's happening.

If the code is emacs-lisp, it's easy enough to put (message ...) calls entering and leaving the code blocks.

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> Try this:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (defadvice org-babel-execute-src-block (around progress nil activate)
>   "create a buffer indicating what is running"
>   (let ((code-block (org-element-property :name (org-element-at-point)))
>       (cb (current-buffer)))
>     (split-window-below)
>     (other-window 1)
>     (switch-to-buffer "*My Babel*")
>     (insert (format "Running %s" code-block))
>     (other-window 1)
>     ad-do-it
>     (kill-buffer "*My Babel*")
>     (delete-other-windows)))
> #+END_SRC
>
> It will mess with your windows a bit, but it does what you want I think.

Wouldn't a (message (format "Running %s" code-block)) be enough?
That would avoid all the window munging.

--
Nick