[O] Tangling from code block and header arguments WAS: Format output of

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: [O] Tangling from code block and header arguments WAS: Format output of org-babel-tangle for exported file
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 17:46:04 +0200

Charles Berry <address@hidden> writes:

> Rainer M Krug <Rainer <at> krugs.de> writes:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I am calling (org-bable-tangle) in a code block in an org file and I
>> would show the files resulting from the tangling in a nice format.
>>
>> But I do not manage. I have the following at the moment:

>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>> (replace-regexp-in-string "[)\"]" ""
>>      (replace-regexp-in-string "[(]" "- "
>>           (replace-regexp-in-string " " "\n- "
>>                (prin1-to-string (org-babel-tangle)))))
>> #+end_src
>>

> [snip]
>
>> Which is neither elegant nor short, and I am sure I could do this
>> easier. Any suggestions?
>
> Something like this? Possibly with `(reverse (org-babel-tangle))'
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value
> (mapconcat (lambda (x) (file-relative-name x "..")) (org-babel-tangle) "\n")
> #+END_SRC

Thanks - this looks promising.

But I now have another problem: The result of tangling from a code block
is different then when calling interactively.

Consider the following org file:

#+PROPERTY: header-args :tangle no

* DESCRIPTION File
:PROPERTIES:
:header-args+: :tangle ./DESCRIPTION
:END:

#+begin_src RDescr
test
#+end_src

* And the tangling
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value
(mapconcat (lambda (x) (file-relative-name x "..")) (org-babel-tangle) "\n")
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:

When tangling interactively, the file DESCRIPTION is tangled properly.
But when I call (org-babel-tangle) from the code block, nothing is
tangled because in this case, the property =tangle= is equal to =no=
based on the file wide property setting in the beginning.

Is this a bug or is it simply not possible to tangle from a code block?

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug