Re: [O] Managing articles in orgmode and collaboration

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Managing articles in orgmode and collaboration
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 19:30:42 +0200

address@hidden (Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo) writes:

> Thomas S. Dye writes:
>
>> I don't manage my bibliography references in Org mode.  I am
>> used to managing a bibtex database and have never found the need
>> to move everything to Org.
>
> Same here.

Me too.  I use the format

./literature
./literature/article1/
./literature/article1/article1.pdf
./literature/article1/article1.bib ← one entry
./literature/article1/article1.org ← notes

I collect all bib files to create the master bibfile.  I also generate
a nicer overview.org → overview.html for easy search, though most of
the time reftex is enough.  I then use reftex to cite access the
master bib file.

>> There are tools that use the information in your article .tex
>> files to create this kind of bibtex file from a larger bibtex
>> database.
>
> Yes, emacs via reftex-create-bibtex-file =)

That's wicket cool!

—Rasmus

--
Enough with the bla bla!