Re: [O] org-babel and lilypond broken after update

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: Re: [O] org-babel and lilypond broken after update
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 12:40:41 -0700

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Steven Arntson writes:
>> org-babel-lilypond-compile-lilyfile: Searching for program: no such
>> file
>> or directory, /usr/bin/lilypond
>>
>> because I installed lilypond into /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin. I tried
>> "M-x customize-group lilypond RET" and "M-x describe function" but
>> couldn't solve the problem.
>
> There's no customize interface in the version of Org you are using.
> Just setq the variable org-babel-lilypond-nix-ly-path.

This worked perfectly---thank you!

>> 2. Since "org-babel-lilypond-tangle" is less convenient to type than
>> "ly-tangle" I think I should bind a key to it. I've never done
>> that---are there are any guidelines out there to keep newbies from
>> mucking things up?
>
> You don't need to since org-babel-tangle knows to call this function on
> lilypond blocks and is already bound to a key:
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Extracting-source-code.html

When I invoke "C-c C-v t" the minibuffer gives a result of "Tangled 0
code blocks from filename". I added a header of ":tangle yes" to every
code block, and then I get "Tangled 3 code blocks" but I don't get the
output of MIDI playback and PDF update that I'm accustomed to. Invoking
"M-x org-babel-lilypond-tangle" still produces that. Is there a way to
get that behavior from "C-c C-v t"?

Thank you for your help!
Best,
steven