[O] bug#18401: 24.4.50; emerge-files fails for org files

From: Detlev Zundel
Subject: [O] bug#18401: 24.4.50; emerge-files fails for org files
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:37:00 +0200

Hi Glenn,

> Detlev Zundel wrote:
>
>> problem and lingers for a while now.  Who can merge the org repository?
>> Is there something that an outsider like me can do to help?
>
> Thanks for asking! :)
>
> Anyone with a copy of the Org repo and the Emacs repo can generate the
> diff that needs to be applied from the former to the latter.
>
> Anyone with write access to the Org repo can get write access to the
> Emacs repo and apply that diff. (This is a generalization, but I think
> it is true. E.g. I assume all people with Org write access have FSF
> assignments.)
>
> However, I think this is wasted effort, so I have suggested not doing it
> any more; http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-08/msg00298.html
> .

Ok, I see.  So it seems there is nothing I can do after all.  My
original problem indeed is solved having installed org from elpa.

Best wishes
  Detlev

--
The Buddha,  the Godhead,  resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a
digital computer  or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top