Re: [O] Cooperating with oneself using the cloud?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Cooperating with oneself using the cloud?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 08:23:08 +0100

On Monday, 15 Sep 2014 at 19:23, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

[...]

> Another option would be getting a mini home server that sits in a closet
> and is always on. That solves the BitTorrent Sync problem, and you'll
> suddenly find it's good for a bunch of other stuff as well: backups,
> music, printing, other torrents, LAN filesharing...
>
> Both options are annoying in their own way, but once you've got
> something up and running, you'll be pleased!

+1

I use git to store all my org files to my own server.

I use an old netbook as the personal cloud server.  Works like a charm!

You can also buy dedicated units from many companies, including Western
Digital for instance.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-320-gb5c9de