Re: [O] Bug: problem w/ R code blocks [8.3beta (release_8.3beta-362-ga92

From: Charles Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: problem w/ R code blocks [8.3beta (release_8.3beta-362-ga92789 <at> /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 20:17:05 +0000 (UTC)

Rainer M Krug <Rainer <at> krugs.de> writes:

> Thanks - you came before me. I get the same error but managed to work
> around.
>
> This is likely caused by the upgrade of ess,

Likely.

But it may not be an ESS problem per se.

M-x R starts a process that runs asynchronously. In interactive use there
is no issue (barring something in .First() that slows the startup for
a very long time).

But, ...

If the  (rename-buffer ...) in org-babel-R-initiate-session
runs before all the setup that ESS performs in the process buffer is
complete, chaos can result.

Not sure what the best way is to fix this.

A simple hack to temporarily solve the OP's problem is to force a pause
before (rename-buffer ...) with (sleep-for 0.1) or something.

HTH,

Chuck