Re: [O] Emacs server and org-protocol

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs server and org-protocol
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 22:11:07 +0200

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Stefan Huchler <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I dont really get what the problem is here, email servers checkup is
>
> Not necessarily - depends which mail server (e.g. gmail or local), if
> you have one or many folders / tags, your network connection, ...

I just did setup the nnrss-download thing and yes mail still takes a bit
longer. I dont even see the big problem in waithing here 2 seks or so,
dont have to check my mails every 10 mins.

What I have more a problem with is that it often hangs have to cancel it
at least every seond time.

And btw is there a way to update my rss things in emacs every 10 mins
automaticly? because if it automaticly downloads every 10 mins the xml
files it would make sense taht in gnus u see the new entries automaticly
after that.

and yes a local email (offline-email-server) would be the solution for
mail, but I am to lazy to setup and backup all that data :)