[O] header arguments, inheritance, and noweb expansion Was: «Macro» expa

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: [O] header arguments, inheritance, and noweb expansion Was: «Macro» expansion in source blocks; code-sharing between blocks
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:59:56 +0200

Andreas Kiermeier <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks Rainer,
>
> but unfortunately this isn't working. I'm sure I'm doing something
> wrong ... somewhere.
>
> In case this makes any difference I have in the document header:
>
> #+PROPERTY: header-args:R :session *R*
> #+PROPERTY: header-args :results output graphics :exports results
>
> I've now changed the source block header to ":exports none :eval no"
> but now there really is nothing in the output.
>
> In fact, the corresponding .tex file now contains:
>
> \begin{table}[h]
> \label{tbl:refyear}
> \caption{Separation outcomes (death or any type of discharge) by
> reference year.}
> nil
> \end{table}
>
> and in the *Message* buffer I now have:
>
> Evaluation of this R code-block (tbl-refyear) is disabled.
> org-babel-exp processing...
> Evaluation of this R code-block (tbl-refyear) is disabled.
> executing Latex code block...
>
> So, this source block really doesn't evaluated at all.

This boils down to the question I asked earlier about header-args and
+header args, inheritance of header arguments and this in contrast to
normal header args.

Based on this discussion, I thought that the header arguments count
*where the code is executed* and not where it is defined - well -
surprise for me.

You could try and put the code block with the definition of the code
into a subtree where you set

,----
| :PROPERTIES:
| :headser-args+: eval no