Re: [O] meaningfull names for org-src buffers

From: Adriaan Sticker
Subject: Re: [O] meaningfull names for org-src buffers
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 17:07:59 +0200

Well, I ussually just try to live with this limitation. :)
I try to C-c ' in and out src block whenever possible so my my list with buffer names doesnt get to cluttered.

Im also thinking about investigating the usefullness of polymode (https://github.com/vitoshka/polymode)
So I dont have to go to a different buffer all the time. Do you have any experience with this?

Greetings

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Adriaan Sticker
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I was wondering if it's somehow possible to give named org src buffer the
> name they were give in their #+NAME tag? Now there are just called something
> like:
> *Org Src test.org[ R ]*
>
> But if you have multiple org-src buffers opened at the same time, its hard
> to find the correct one back.

Excellent idea. I've got so many small source blocks that it is too
difficult to make sense of
keeping multiple source block edit buffers open and limit them to one
at a time eg

,----
| (setq org-src-window-setup 'current-window)
`----

How have you come upon your workflow of keeping multiple open and what
are some of the pros and
cons that you've found with it?

--
Grant Rettke