Re: [O] Capturing outgoing gnus e-mail

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: [O] Capturing outgoing gnus e-mail
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 17:04:35 -0400

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 10:32:49 +0200 Ivan Kanis <address@hidden> wrote:

IK> I would like to capture outgoing e-mail in my org file.

IK> I use the gcc mechanism in gnus with a nnml backend.

IK> I think I have read on the org mailing list that someone has implemented
IK> that feature. I did a search but could not find the article.

IK> I tried implementing it myself. I had a look at the function
IK> gnus-inews-do-gcc. It has the group and the article number. However org
IK> link expect the Message-ID header. How do I get it?

Well, I use the following to maintain a diary file. It's probably
equally easy to use a Org file:

(defun message-to-diary ()
  (make-diary-entry (concat
                     (format-time-string "%B %d, %Y %H:%M" (gnus-date-get-time
(message-fetch-field "date")))
                     (if (message-fetch-field "newsgroups")
                         (concat " Sent news To: " (message-fetch-field
"newsgroups"))
                       (concat " Sent mail To: " (message-fetch-field "to")))
                     " Subject: \"" (message-fetch-field "subject") "\""
  (save-buffer "diary"))

(add-hook 'message-sent-hook 'message-to-diary)

HTH
Ted