Re: [O] Bug: Export to html inserts strange unicode characters at line b

From: Kaushal
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Export to html inserts strange unicode characters at line breaks because of fci-mode [8.2.7c (8.2.7c-64-g01f736-elpa @ /home/kmodi/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/)]
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 06:19:20 -0400

The problem is that `(funcall prog-mode)' in `org-html-fontify-code' enables fci-mode. So disabling it in `org-export-before-parsing-hook' won't work.

But your reply gave me another idea..

I can remove enabling of fci-mode from my prog mode hook in `org-export-before-parsing-hook'.

But then where can I rehook it? I can't find a hook like `org-export-after-processing-hook'. Can you suggest a hook that can work for this use case?

--
Kaushal Modi

On Sep 26, 2014 6:01 AM, "Nicolas Goaziou" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Kaushal <address@hidden> writes:

> I have fci-mode installed and enabled for programming modes.
>
> When org exports to html, htmlize figures out the syntax highlighting of
> the code by callingĀ  =(funcall lang-mode)=.
>
> That activates =fci-mode=.
>
> =fci-mode= shows the fill column using a unicode character. The issue is
> that org export to html exports that character as well.
>
> Those characters show up in html as below!
> http://i.imgur.com/8WplTqw.png
>
> So the solution is to fix the =orx-html-fontify-code= function.

I don't think so. `fill-column-indicator' is not even in core Emacs. We
shouldn't provide a workaround for every package out there.

Can't you simply disable this minor mode before exporting buffer, in
a hook such as `org-export-before-parsing-hook'?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou