Re: [O] line numbers in a code block?

From: Charles Berry
Subject: Re: [O] line numbers in a code block?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 15:57:51 +0000 (UTC)

John Kitchin <jkitchin <at> andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> Does anyone know a way to get dedicate line numbers in an org code
> block?
>
> I know how to get buffer code lines, but when we run a code block and
> there is an error, the error line number is relative to line 1 of the
> code block. Currently, we type C-c ' to get a code buffer, and navigate
> to the line. I would like to see code block numbers on the right hand
> side of the buffer, and only inside the code block. Any ideas?

You mean like

   (org-add-hook 'org-src-mode-hook 'linum-mode)

only with line numbers on the right side? (linum puts them on the left)

Or did you mean in the org-mode buffer itself?

Maybe (just a guess) hack `linum-update-window' to reset `line' to 0
whenever `(forward-line))'gives you a line that matches `#+begin_src'.

HTH,

Chuck