Re: [O] line numbers in a code block?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] line numbers in a code block?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 16:40:43 -0400

I came up with a reasonable solution to this that I think is pretty
nice. It doesn't put linenumbers on the src block, but it does something
even better!

The gist is to write the block to a temporary file, then run pyflakes,
pep8 and pylint on it. The output of those goes into a temporary
org-buffer, with links back to the positions in the code block where the
errors are!

The code is laid out here:
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2014/09/27/Improved-debugging-of-Python-code-blocks-in-org-mode/

I am going to try it out with my students next week!

--
John Kitchin