Re: [O] Changed behaviours of LaTeX exporter in version 8.0+

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Changed behaviours of LaTeX exporter in version 8.0+
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:18:26 +0200

Hi,

"Kyeong Soo (Joseph) Kim" <address@hidden> writes:

> If possible, please let me know where to find the information you provided
> (i.e., without the description filed in the org-mode internal link, its
> export to LaTeX becomes "\ref{...}" instead of "\hyperref{...}").

You can open the info version of the manual with

    (info "org")

> I'm currently using Org Manual version 8.2.7c (PDF version), but cannot
> find any relevant information. It's not the matter of whether it's clear or
> not, but there is no such information in the current manual.
>
> I do wonder where you got that information (directly from the source code?).

It may be documented in chapter 4, entitled Hyperlinks.

   http://orgmode.org/org.html#Hyperlinks

I don't know if this chapter describes export behavior.

You can skim through org-latex-link if you care.  For headlines this
is the relevant part

;; LINK points to a headline.  If headlines are numbered
;; and the link has no description, display headline's
;; number.  Otherwise, display description or headline's
;; title.
(headline
 (let* ((custom-label
         (and (plist-get info :latex-custom-id-labels)
              (org-element-property :CUSTOM_ID destination)))
        (label
         (or
          custom-label
          (format "sec-%s"
                  (mapconcat
                   #'number-to-string
                   (org-export-get-headline-number destination info)
                   "-")))))
   (if (and (not desc)
            (org-export-numbered-headline-p destination info))
       (format "\\ref{%s}" label)
     (format "\\hyperref[%s]{%s}" label
             (or desc
                 (org-export-data
                  (org-element-property :title destination) info))))))

> Writing a documentation patch could be an option, but first of all, I need
> detailed information on this but currently have not.

Please see

    http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

for practical details.

—Rasmus

--
To err is human. To screw up 10⁶ times per second, you need a computer