Re: [O] sortable columns in html tables

From: Cook, Malcolm
Subject: Re: [O] sortable columns in html tables
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:35:17 +0000

Hi,

The syntax for much of this has changed since that post.

Instead of
#+style:
you will want
#+HTML_HEAD:

And, attaching a class to an exported html table is handled differently too.

Instead of
        #+attr_html: class="sortable"
you want
        #+attr_html: :class "sortable"

Such declarations also work for exported tables if placed between code blocks
that export tables and the result tables (i.e. immediately after the
`#+end_src`)

Also, if you want ALL tables to have a class of sortable, you _can_ eval the
following

        (plist-put org-html-table-default-attributes :class "sortable")

i.e. by putting it in your emacs init.el

Or, on a per-buffer basis, which is probably better,  you can put this in your
.org file

#+BIND: org-html-table-default-attributes (:border "2" :cellspacing "0"
:cellpadding "6" :rules "groups" :frame "hsides"  :class "sortable")

By the way, I don't use sortable, I use dataTable, but the method for getting
the class attribute on the html table is the same.

~malcolm_cook