Re: [O] [ox-latex] How to force ALL captions below their referents?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] [ox-latex] How to force ALL captions below their referents?
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 11:41:17 +0800

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 18:54:20 +0200
Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> You mean moving `org-latex-table-caption-above' to
> `org-latex-caption-above' and making sure every block complies to the
> variable?

Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't feeling quite well yesterday.

Something like that would do it, I think. I hesitate about breaking
backward compatibility, but at the same time, I'm hard-pressed to
imagine why one would want captions to be differently placed in the
same document.

I suppose, if somebody needs to move a caption to the top or bottom
overriding the default, it could be an attribute, hypothetically:

#+name: blah
#+caption: blah blah
#+attr_latex: :captionpos t
#+begin_figure
#+end_figure

"t" would put it at the top, ":captionpos b" at the bottom and
":captionpos nil" (or not specified) would use the default from the
configuration variable.

Reasonable?
hjh