Re: [O] LaTeX exporter

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX exporter
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 21:49:57 +0200

Hi,

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
I was thinking about an option specific of the latex exporter to expand the document class options :

\documentclass[default_option_1, default_option_2, EXTRA_OPTIONS]{myclass}

default_option_i being taken from the org-latex-classes entry for the current class.

Actually, LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS overrides the whole set of options, so maybe my suggestion is superfluous.

Regards,

Hello,

Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> writes:

> The org-latex-classes variable handles a couple of parameters like
> DEFAULT-PACKAGES, PACKAGES and EXTRA.
>
> I thing that this variable could also benefit from an EXTRA_OPTIONS
> parameter.
> This could allow to have a default set of options for the curent class, but
> to locally
> add a couple of options you may not always want.
>
> What do you think ?

The OPTIONS keyword hasn't much to do with latex classes. It is handled
at a very different level (i.e., "ox.el"). IMO, it would be confusing to
mix them.

I think you want a couple of dedicated SETUPFILE keywords.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou