Re: [O] LaTeX exporter

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX exporter
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 22:36:55 +0200

Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
> I was thinking about an option specific of the latex exporter to expand the
> document class options :
>
> \documentclass[default_option_1, default_option_2, EXTRA_OPTIONS]{myclass}
>
> default_option_i being taken from the org-latex-classes entry for the
> current class.

The "correct way" is probably a derived class.  But probably it's too
much hassle.

> Actually, LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS overrides the whole set of options, so maybe
> my suggestion is superfluous.

You could get this behavior using `org-export-before-parsing-hook':
  Look for document LaTeX class then you know default options.
  Replace MY_EXTRA_DOCUMENT_CLASS_OPTIONS with LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS
  with  defaults and the buffer options as the value.

Or maybe with org-export-before-parsing-hook and
org-export-filter-options-functions.
  Save MY_EXTRA_DOCUMENT_CLASS_OPTIONS as a local variable and extend
  LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS as needed.

Probably the former is easier.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus